Just what I read..

Inspired by Nancy Pearl's "Book Lust Journal." I knew I would lose my book journal if I didn't keep it online.

Monday, October 31, 2005

How to Be Lost by Amanda Eyre Ward

It’s not often that a coming of age novel centers on a character in her 30’s but Caroline in How to Be Lost is the main lost soul in How to Be Lost. It seems that all the main characters are lost in some way whether they know it or not. As Madeline says, “When Ellie disappeared we all put our lives on hold.” Let’s just say I’ve read some better coming of age novels and better sister novels too. However, it was on the reader’s favorites shelf at the library so someone must have liked it. Maybe I resent it because in the end, Mother was right and I have my own issues with that. I wouldn’t call this one a waste of time and I am glad I read it. I just happen to have read better books too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home