Just what I read..

Inspired by Nancy Pearl's "Book Lust Journal." I knew I would lose my book journal if I didn't keep it online.

Friday, December 30, 2005

A Year with C.S.Lewis

So I actually finished a day early. I’ve loved this book of daily quotes from the first page – Supposing we really found Him? My favorite lines from that first quote are “There comes a moment when people who have been dabbling in religion (‘Man’s search for God!’) suddenly draw back. Supposing we really found Him? We never meant it to come to that! Worse still, supposing He had found us?”
Starting each day with a short quote to ponder from the writings of the great Christian theologian helped this year to stay on track for me. It was interesting how many of the subjects seemed to come up at times when I really needed them. Along with the quotes, dates of importance in Lewis’s life are notated with just a sentence or two. Following the notation about the death of his wife, Joy, the subject of grief comes up and I couldn’t help but wonder if he only had known that we can be with our loved ones forever after this life would his grief have been lessened. Spending this year encouraged me to pick up a new inspirational book for 2006 – A Lamp unto my Feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home