Just what I read..

Inspired by Nancy Pearl's "Book Lust Journal." I knew I would lose my book journal if I didn't keep it online.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

What's on your Nightstand (Tues Nov 2, 2005)

It's Tuesday and time for “What's on your Nightstand” on AM820. On my nightstand this week is a museum catalog. There are 3 great exhibits in Utah right now. The BYU Museum of Art has an exhibit called Adam’s Dream which is a great collection of surrealistic photographs. If the new acquisitions are on display, don’t miss Exchange #8 and the Picture of Christ by the Circle of Rembrandt.
The LDS Church Museum of History and Art has a collection of Rembrandt Biblical prints. It will be there through mid-December. When you look at the detail, and realize that these are all done by hand, it’s just unbelievable and humbling.
The Leonardo has its grand opening exhibit – EXODUS. This is a photographic exhibit but I haven’t seen it yet so I’m a bit leery of recommending it to the listeners.
I would recommend though, if you don’t understand what you’re looking at when you go to a museum, get a book on understanding art and teach yourself a bit about symbolism and art history.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home