Just what I read..

Inspired by Nancy Pearl's "Book Lust Journal." I knew I would lose my book journal if I didn't keep it online.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Christmas Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini

Consider the squabbles and traditions that we have every season, what will you miss when the people you share them with are gone? Would you try to help other people start new traditions or at least revive some of the fun ones that you remember? Sylvia remembers the Christmas Quilt that her aunt started, and the appliquéd wreath blocks her mother made, the six misshapen star blocks her sister did, and the log cabin squares that she was adding to it. The tradition was to take out the quilt on Thanksgiving and work on it through New Years. Sylvia’s convinced that there aren’t enough blocks to complete the quilt, after all, only her untalented sister was there at Elm Creek to work on it. This book talks about history and tradition and what happens when we lose touch with those we love. This book recaps the history already shared in the other Elm Creek books. However, there is some new information shared. It makes me even more curious to learn what really happened to Claudia while Sylvia was gone. She must have been a lonely person. I did make another square for my Christmas quilt after reading it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home