Just what I read..

Inspired by Nancy Pearl's "Book Lust Journal." I knew I would lose my book journal if I didn't keep it online.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Into the Storm

Suzanne Brockmann is making the jump from romance to thriller. This book does it well with one exception. I can’t imagine any LAPD officer male or female carrying anything smaller than a .38 into a firefight. There is no way that a .22 is going to stop a dedicated assailant. People have been shot point blank in the head with .22’s and not even needed hospitalization. Any police officer and for that case, anyone working with a SEAL is not going to carry anything smaller than a .38. In most cases, even the most feminine officer is going to be able to handle the kick of a .45. For heavens’ sake, five foot nothing me has no trouble with a 9mm and I can’t imagine trying to stop someone with anything in a small caliber. Other than that, it was a great jump to thriller from romance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home