Just what I read..

Inspired by Nancy Pearl's "Book Lust Journal." I knew I would lose my book journal if I didn't keep it online.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Od Magic

I love the way Patricia McKillip has with words. I love her language and the twists and turns that her mind weaves. Brenden Vetch has a way with plants they speak to him. He saved the village during an epidemic but failed to save his parents. He is drowning in grief when Od appears to him and sends him to the city to become a gardener at her school for magic. He is to look for the school under a shoe. His arrival starts many political intrigues typical of McKillips books and I have to admit that the twist in this one is not one I saw coming. Although looking back on the book, all the clues were there. Maybe I’ve been reading too much fluff and not enough to cause thought lately. Reading thorough this made me realize that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home