Just what I read..

Inspired by Nancy Pearl's "Book Lust Journal." I knew I would lose my book journal if I didn't keep it online.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Torchwood: Pack Animals

Pack Animals (Torchwood) Pack Animals by Peter Anghelides


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
Based on the popular BBC Dr. Who spin-off, this book contains a story not contained in any episode I've seen. As with the series, much of the story is from Glen's point of view. Rhys plays a larger part than he does in the TV show.


View all my reviews.

I can't remember reading a book based on a TV series before although I've read many books which later became TV series (Little House on the Prairie). I must have though because I have Lassie volumes and somewhere is a Bonzana volume from my childhood. I've purposely avoided the StarTrek books for years. I'll admit that most of the time I spent reading this I was picturing how I would shoot the scenes. It confirmed my opinion that novels based on TV shows read like failed scripts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home