Just what I read..

Inspired by Nancy Pearl's "Book Lust Journal." I knew I would lose my book journal if I didn't keep it online.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

The Mage by Jean Johnson

The Mage (The Sons of Destiny, Book 8) The Mage by Jean Johnson

My review

rating: 1 of 5 stars
The final book in the Brothers of Destiny and it was a let down after a 7 book build up. I can't believe I read the whole series. The writer needed an editor who understands the concept of split infinitives. My daughter and I had a riot parsing the following sentence from page 86 - - "The Darkhanan Witch looked much like she always did, her blonde hair plaited into a coronet on her head and the hooded, black, deep-sleeved robe draped over her shoulders that she always wore, regardless of the weather."

No, really, she does have another set of shoulders that she can use to replace the ones "she always wore."

By the end of the series I really hated Kelly and resented that Morg had saved her from the house fire. I empathized with her arsonists I wanted to get rid of her too.

Thank goodness the series is over and I still can't believe I wasted my time on them. At least I didn't pay for them - I borrowed them from the library.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home