Just what I read..

Inspired by Nancy Pearl's "Book Lust Journal." I knew I would lose my book journal if I didn't keep it online.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Baker Street Letters

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A few days ago I picked up the Brothers of Baker Street and then my son pointed out it was a 2nd novel. I bought the first one through my Nookcolor and couldn't put it down. I read the whole thing last night. The premise is wonderful - if you are the tenant of the 2nd floor suite on Baker street which comprises the most famous address in London - 221B Baker Street - it is part of your lease agreement to return a form letter and keep files of all correspondence received addressed to either Mr. Sherlock Holmes or Dr. Watson. Should you follow up on any letter, your lease will be terminated, you must pay the remaining amount due and vacate the premises. Nigel can't help himself and follows up on a letter anyway.

Throw in a shared love interest, sibling rivalry and some self importance, it makes for a great character study and mystery.



1 Comments:

Blogger Coral said...

That is interesting! And I loved the Sherlock Holmes movie. So this is a series, since there's a 2nd book... hmmm must go look it up. Thanks!

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home