Just what I read..

Inspired by Nancy Pearl's "Book Lust Journal." I knew I would lose my book journal if I didn't keep it online.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Steps to the Altar by Earlene Fowler

I'm not a fan of mystery stories although I do love CSI. Earlene Fowler's Benni Harper is an exception to my dislike. I like how Benni stumbles into messes and just does her best to cope with the hand that she's been dealt. I like how the novel includes her life outside the story and the cast of supporting characters are full bodied and worth getting to know. I love how the plots tie into the titles which happen to be named after quilt blocks. (Does that answer how I got interested in this series?) This episode deals with marriage and the miscommunications that we get ourselves into. Who hasn't taken something wrong? or stood fast when they should have apologized? How about accusing the other person of doing something that you are doing yourself? and through the questions runs the issue of a murder that occured in the 1940's. Was it a domestic violence situation gone bad? Or was it exactly as the town believed?
Well, I'm off to the next novel in the series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home