Just what I read..

Inspired by Nancy Pearl's "Book Lust Journal." I knew I would lose my book journal if I didn't keep it online.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Portrait in Sepia

I’ve wanting to read Isabel Allende since Zorro hit the best seller list. So I couldn’t help but pick this one up at the library and I’ve loved it so much that I’m looking for Daughter of Fortune which is the prequel that became a best seller. I realize that this is a translation from the original Spanish but if the translator was true to the texture and the flavor of the author, I imagine she would be incredible in the original but I don’t read Spanish. The story is rich with historical details of everyday life in San Francisco, Chinatown and Chile of the 1880’s to early 1900’s. It’s a fascinating tale of people and lives and I really, really want the mythological bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home