Just what I read..

Inspired by Nancy Pearl's "Book Lust Journal." I knew I would lose my book journal if I didn't keep it online.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

"Bitter is the New Black:

Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass, or, Why You Should Never Carry a Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office"

Hysterical book. Ok - complete chic-lit fluff. But I love this girl. We should be best friends.

Anyway, it's a book about this gal who was making a six-figure salary during the dot-com boom, and once the bubble burst she found herself unemployed. She has opinions about everything... and sadly enough people think she is a you-know-what for her opinions. I knew this before I read her book, curious to see why people thought that way of her. As I was reading I couldn't help but say to myself (numerous times) "Oh, I've thought of that in that circumstance" or "yeah I know what she is talking about". Well, I guess I know what people think of me!

But honestly people. Sometimes things just need to be said. LOL...

Completely recommend. And she just sold the rights to her next book "Bright Lights, Big Ass: Urban Mis-Adventure is the New Black". CAN'T WAIT for this one.

Check out her website www.jennsylvania.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home